The Municipal Socialist Alliance (MSA) is a democratic, grassroots organization that includes union members, anti-poverty activists, tenant organizers, disability and housing justice advocates, socialists, and other progressive anti-capitalists fighting together for the following demands:
Expand Public Services. Defer or Cut Taxes and Fees for Small Businesses and Primary Residence Homeowners. De-fund the Police. Build Housing for All — Expropriate Giant Landlords. Provide Free Wi-Fi in Low Income Neighborhoods. Tax Big Business and Banks! Support Indigenous Land Back — Support Wiigwaasikaa. Repair schools, Hire more teachers and Reduce the size of classes.
The MSA, embodying the united front concept, launches its election campaign on Saturday, May 28 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time at a convention where members will democratically discuss and adopt Principles of Unity, a detailed platform and policies, and endorse candidates. Please indicate here (Municipal Socialist Alliance (MSA) Convention Registration) if you require any accommodation to fully participate in this virtual convention.
The Zoom link is here: https://bit.ly/3FZT1AE
The proposed agenda for the convention is below:
- Land Acknowledgement. Welcome and Introductions.
- Discussion on Principles of Unity. See draft here: https://bit.ly/3yNx6ep
- Discussion on Platform/Policy. See proposed platform amendments here: Proposed Amendments to MSA Platform
- See our previously adopted platform here: https://municipal.socialistalliance.ca/program
- Endorse Candidates
- Website/Social Media/Logo
- Finances and Election of a Treasurer
- Next Meetings and Campaign Actions
Municipal Socialist Alliance
Topic: Municipal Socialist Alliance (MSA) Convention
Time: May 28, 2022 2:00 p.m.
Link: Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting