If you are in the Montreal area on May 5, do you plan to attend this event?
The Workers’ Solidarity and Union Democracy Coalition
invites you to a Public Forum at the site of the Canadian Labour Congress Convention
in Montreal, Monday, May 5, 2014.
No more Labour Concessions Defend Canada’s postal services:
Fight for Union Democracy, Smash Capitalist Austerity
with speakers (followed by discussion):
- Hassan Husseini (invited), negotiator for PSAC, member of UNIFOR, and candidate for President of the Canadian Labour Congress.
- Donald Lafleur, 4th V.P. of CUPW, candidate for Vice-President of the CLC.
- Lindsay Hinshelwood is a member of UNIFOR, Local 707. She works at Ford in Oakville, Ontario, and was a candidate for UNIFOR President in 2013.
- Julius Arscott is President of Local 532, Ontario Public Service Employees’ Union, and an executive member of OPSEU Greater Toronto Area Council.
- Barry Weisleder, organizer, Toronto Substitute Teachers’ Action Caucus, Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation; co-editor, Socialist Action newspaper.
- Chairperson: Elizabeth Byce, retired member, Toronto Local, Canadian Union of Postal Workers.
Monday, May 5, 12:30 p.m.
in Room 515 AB, Palais des Congres, Montreal Convention Centre, 900-159, rue Saint-Antoine O., Montréal, Quebec.
For more information, contact the Workers’ Solidarity and Union Democracy Coalition
phone: 647 – 986-1917 or 647-728-9143 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org