Socialism 2019: Fight Imperialism! – an International Educational Conference –
When: May 31 – June 1, 2019 Where: Woodsworth Res., U of Toronto, 321 Bloor St. W. at St. George (in room 20, lower level)
- Socialist Action / Ligue pour l’Action socialiste – Canadian state,
- Socialist Action – USA,
- Left Voice-USA,
- OKDE-Greece, and
- New Anti-Capitalist Party (NPA) – France.
Friday, May 31 7 p.m. Why Zionists are in a Panic
- Dalia Al-Khadra, member of CAIA and Oakville Palestine Rights Association.
- Dimitri Lascaris, lawyer, 2015 Green Party candidate in London West, just overcame an anti-SLAPP motion in his defamation lawsuit against B’nai B’rith.
- Karen Rodman, director, Just Peace Advocates.
- Barry Weisleder, federal secretary, Socialist Action – Canada.
Saturday, June 1 12 noon The Winnipeg General Strike, 100 Years On.
- Bryan Palmer, Labour Historian, author of the forthcoming James P. Cannon and the Emergence of Trotskyism in the United States, 1928-1938.
- Gary Porter, a leading member of Socialist Action, resides near Victoria, B.C.
4 p.m. From Yellow Vests to Workers’ Revolt
- Aurelien Gavois, a rep. of the New Anti-capitalist Party (NPA), France.
- Jeff Mackler, Socialist Action, USA, candidate for U.S. President in 2020.
- Nour Alideeb, former chairperson, Canadian Federation of Students.
- Sid Ryan, past president, Ontario Federation of Labour, author of “A Grander Vision – My Life in the Labour Movement.”
7 p.m. Fight Imperialism! Hands Off Venezuela, Cuba, Central America
- Maria Paez Victor of the Louis Riel Bolivarian Circle in Toronto.
- Jeff Mackler, national secretary of Socialist Action, USA.
- Bob Lyons, Socialist Action/LAS, based in Costa Rica.
- Yves Engler, Montreal-based activist and the author of ten books on Canada’s foreign policy, including “Left, Right”.
Saturday, 10 p.m. Social at a nearby pub,
The Duke of York, 39 Prince Arthur Ave., one block north and east of Woodsworth Residence.
Tickets: $15 in advance for weekend; $20 at door for the weekend; $5 per session or PWYC. Contact: http://www.socialistaction.ca 647 – 986-1917