Toronto’s 29th Annual Socialist May Day Celebration
MAY 2, 2015 | Free Times Cafe, 320 College Street, Toronto map
- Javier Domokos Ruiz, Consul of the Republic of Cuba in Toronto.
- John Clarke, organizer for the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty.
- Megan Whitfield, President, Toronto Local, Canadian Union of Postal Workers
- Mohamed Boudjenane, Canadian Arab Federation
- Marie Clarke-Walker Executive Vice-President of the Canadian Labour Congress.
Myles Magner, Vice-President, Ontario Public Service Employees’ Union.
- Barry Weisleder, Federal Secretary, Socialist Action, and substitute teachers’ organizer.
- M.C.: Elizabeth Byce, federal Treasurer, NDP Socialist Caucus, and retired member of the Toronto Local, Canadian Union of Postal Workers
Celebrate with entertainers
- Marianne Girard and Allan Fraser, roots/alternative country singer-song writers. Marianne was the 2009 Canadian Folk Music Award Nominee ‘Best vocalist’, with acclaimed CD “Pirate Days”
- Diem Lafortune, 2013 Canadian Folk Music Awards’ Aboriginal Songwriter of the Year Nominee whose CD “Beauty and Hard Times” captures her Prairie Cree, Eastern European, and social justice roots;
- Mohommad Ali Aumeer, Toronto hip-hop rap artist;
- Glen Hornblast, folk singer on the social justice scene with a CD titled “Once in a Blue Moon”;
- Linda Saslove
- Bill Heffernan, activist, teacher and song smith.
- Lynn Harrison
Socialist Action / Ligue pour l’Action socialiste (Fourth Internationalists in the Canadian state)
Event endorsed by:
- Canadian Arab Federation
- Toronto Local – Canadian Union of Postal Workers
- Greater Toronto Area Council, OPSEU
- Ontario Coalition Against Poverty
- Toronto Haiti Action Committee
- NDP Socialist Caucus
- Toronto Forum on Cuba; and Workers’ Action Movement
Click here to view the event poster.