Socialist Action presents: “How to Change the World”
- November 16-17, 2018
- Woodsworth Residence, 321 Bloor St. W., Room 25, lower level.
Friday, November 16
7 p.m. How to Defeat Doug Ford, and contend with the NDP and Labour Bureaucracy
- Julius Arscott, OPSEU Executive Board Member;
- Pam Frache, provincial coordinator of $15 and Fairness;
- Barry Weisleder, co-editor, S.A. newspaper;
- Dirka Prout, Chair, Federal NDP Women’s Committee.
Saturday, November 17
1 p.m. The Rise of Authoritarianism and the working class response
- Yasin Kaya, leading member of SA Canada
- Lisa Luinenberg, a leader of Socialist Action USA, based in Minneapolis, works in immigrant rights movement;
- David Pijoan, a leader of New Anti-capitalist Party, France.
4 p.m. Capitalism and Patriarchy – the Marxist alternative to identity politics
- John Wilson, SA Canada, a pioneer of the gay liberation movement in Ontario;
- Lisa Luinenberg, a leader of Socialist Action USA, based in Minneapolis;
- Arielle Concilio, writer for Left Voice based in New York;
- A video statement from OKDE, Fourth International section in Greece.
7 p.m. Boycott Apartheid Israel – Is it time for a coordinated, Pan-Canadian, mass action movement?
- Gary Porter, leading member of SA Canada, based in Victoria, B.C.;
- Michaela Lavis, recently detained in Israel for protesting demolition of Palestinian village;
- Karen Rodman, director, Palestine Just Trade; and
- Dimitri Lascaris, lawyer, 2015 Green Party candidate in London West, current target of a smear campaign by CIJA and B’nai B’ríth.
- $5 per session;
- $10 for weekend pass,
- or PWYC.
For more information:
- 647-986-1917 or 647-728-9143