Socialist Action-Canada invites you to ‘Trotsky School’
its 8th annual Education for Activists’ Conference
‘Reform or Revolution!’
Woodsworth Residence (U of T) • 321 Bloor Street West • Room 35 (lower Level)
The theme “Reform or Revolution” attracted dozens of activists to the eighth annual Fall educational conference hosted by Socialist Action / Ligue pour l’Action socialiste at the University of Toronto, November 20-21.
Over fifty people attended one or more of the sessions, which consisted of the following (Scroll down for the schedule).
Following lively discussions and brisk literature sales, two people applied to join SA/LAS.
All sessions were video recorded and are posted on YouTube (A link to the “playlist” is provided below).
Next on the activist agenda are Climate Justice marches across the country, including in Toronto on Sunday, November 29, 4 p.m. at Queen’s Park, and the Federal Conference of the NDP Socialist Caucus on Saturday, December 5, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at OISE U of Toronto, in room 5-250. The latter gathering will be transmitted live-stream via the internet.
All Videos (Scroll down the page for separate videos for each panel):
Friday, November 20
- Desmond Cole, a Toronto Star columnist, radio talk show host, and leading opponent of racial carding by police.
- Marty Goodman, a leader of Socialist Action USA, a retired New York City transit worker;
- Robbie Mahood, a leading member of SA/LAS based in Montreal.
Saturday, November 21
- Armagan Tulunay, Revolutionary Workers Party (Turkey) [via Skype]
- Y. Fikret Kayali, a leader of Socialist Action Canada and PhD candidate in Political Economy at York University.
- Jim Stanford, chief economist for UNIFOR, a regular commentator on CBC-TV;
- John Clarke, provincial organizer for the Ontario Coalition Against Poverty.
- Marty Goodman, SA New York.
- $5 per session or PWYC
- $10 in advance for an all-sessions ticket
- $20 at the door.